B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, BUET, CGPA: 3.95 out of 4.00
About Me: I am highly motivated to build up my career as a researcher. With a view to achieving my goal, currently I am working on different research projects. I believe this to be a great opportunity to attain invaluable experience and practical knowledge in the research field which will immensely help my growth as a research scholar.
Research Interest: Nanotechnology, Energy Harvesting and Conversion, Magnetic materials
So far, I have contributed to the following research projects.
1. Synthesis of MoS2 incorporated GaFeO3 nanocomposites and investigation of their structural and magnetoresistive properties along with photocatalytic dye degradation and hydrogen production ability
Summary: In this research project, multiferroic GaFeO3 nanoparticles will be synthesized using sol-gel method and their structural and magnetoresistive properties will be thoroughly investigated. It is also intended to incorporate MoS2 with synthesized GaFeO3 nanoparticles using hydrothermal technique to investigate the optical properties as well as photocatalytic dye degradation and solar hydrogen production rate of the as-prepared GaFeO3-MoS2 nanocomposites.
2. Synthesis and characterization of MoS2 based nanocomposites for solar energy applications
Summary: In this research project, MoS2 incorporated α-Fe2O3/ZnO nanocomposite has been synthesized adapting facile low temperature hydrothermal technique. The prepared nanocomposite with excellent structural, morphological and photocatalytic properties has demonstrated great performance in dye degradation and photocatalytic hydrogen production via water splitting.
3. Synthesis of doped double-layered perovskite manganites at inert atmosphere and investigation of their structural, morphological and magnetic properties
Summary: In this project, Gd doped double-layered perovskite manganites La1.7Gd0.3SrMn2O7 and La1.4Gd0.6SrMn2O7 have been synthesized at inert atmosphere and further, their structural and magnetic characterizations have been performed. The as-synthesized dilute amount of Gd doped La1.7Gd0.3SrMn2O7 manganite with enhanced ferromagnetic softness may have potential applications in numerous fields.
4. Feasibility studies on deploying a self-contained solar-hydraulic pilot power plant in a rural area in Bangladesh
Summary: This project has been funded by the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) and conducted by the University of Glasgow, UK in collaboration with Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). In this pilot project, feasibility studies have been performed for establishing a novel hybrid power plant in hilly regions of Bangladesh with a view to utilizing three renewable energy resources i.e. hydroelectricity, solar and wind energy simultaneously.
1. MoS2 nanosheets incorporated α-Fe2O3/ZnO nanocomposite with enhanced photocatalytic dye degradation and hydrogen production ability
Angkita Mistry Tama*, Subrata Das*, Sagar Dutta, M D I Bhuyan, M. N. Islam and M. A. Basith, RSC Advances , 9, 40357–40367, 2019. * Equal contribution
2. Facile synthesis of MoS2 nanosheets with enhanced photocatalytic performance using ultrasound driven exfoliation technique
Subrata Das , Angkita Mistry Tama, Sagar Dutta, Md. Shahjahan Ali and M A Basith, Materials Research Express, 6, 125079, 2019.
3. Enhanced magnetic softness of double-layered perovskite manganite La1.7Gd0.3SrMn2O7
Subrata Das, Irin Sultana, M. D. I. Bhuyan and M. A. Basith, IEEE Magnetics Letters, 10 (1), 2503704, 2019
1. Nanostructured GaFeO3: A Promising Photon Trapping Multiferroic Material for Efficient
Subrata Das and M. A. Basith, accepted in the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications and Photonics (ICTP), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 28-30 December 2019.
- University Merit Scholarship, awarded by BUET.
- Dean’s List Scholarship, awarded by BUET.
Md. Sarowar Hossain
PhD in Physics (Experimental) Calcutta University, Calcutta, India (Research was done at S N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences) M.S in Physics (with thesis) Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh, CGPA: 3.90 out of 4.00 B.Sc. Honours in Physics (with project) Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh, CGPA: 3.27 out of 4.00
About Me: I would like to develop professional skills in academia by providing work-based learning to students of all ages. In the field of research, my passion is to build career with good scientific profile, collaborations and publications.
Research Interest: Nanotechnology, Magnetic materials
So far, I have contributed to the following research projects.
1) PhD Thesis: Sound Velocity And Internal Friction In Disordered Magnetic Alloys
Supervised by: Prof. Pratip Kumar Mukhopadhyay,
CMP & MS division,
S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences.
2) Project: Study of the internal structure and characteristics of 555 timer IC with different modes of operations.
Supervised by:Ex. Professor Dr. M. Habibul Ahsan
Department of Physics,
ShahJalal University of Science and Technology
3) MS Thesis: Structural and dielectric properties of doped and undoped barium titanate (BaTiO3).
Supervised by: Ex. Professor Dr. M. Habibul Ahsan
Department of Physics,
ShahJalal University of Science and Technology.
Co-supervised: Dr. A.K.M Abdul Hakim
Visiting Professor and individual Consultant,
Department of glass and ceramics Engineering,
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology.
1. Effect of Annealing on Elastic Moduli of a FSMA Md Sarowar Hossain, B. Rajini Kanth and P. K. Mukhopadhyay, Shap. Mem. Superelasticity, 3, 199-205 (2017) 2. Interesting low temperature magneto-elastic behavior of a FINEMET metglass Md. Sarowar Hossain, M. A. Hakim and P. K. Mukhopadhyay; AIP Advances., 7, 115221 (2017) 3. Ultrasonic Characterization of Newtonian and Non-newtonian Fluids Md Sarowar Hossain, Barnana Pal and P. K. Mukhopadhyay; Universal Journal of Physics and Application. 12(3), 41-46 (2018) 4. Effect of annealing on the structural and magnetic properties of CoNiAl FSMA Md Sarowar Hossain, Tanmoy Ghosh, B. Rajini Kanth, and P.K. Mukhopadhyay; Cryst. Res. Technol. 1800153, 1-6 (2019) 5. Correlation of dynamic elastic properties of a heat treated CoNiAl alloy system with its microstructural changes Md. Sarowar Hossain, Gokul P, Barnana Pal and P K Mukhopadhyay, Shap. Mem. Superelasticity, (https://doi.org/10.1007/s40830-019-00236-3), (2019) 6. Size dependent magnetic and electrical properties of Ba-doped nanocrystalline BiFeO3 Mehedi Hasan, M. A. Hakim, M. A. Basith, Md. Sarowar Hossain, Bashir Ahmmad, M. A. Zubair, A. Hussain, and Md. Fakhrul Islam; AIP Advances, 6, 035314 (2016) 7. Saturation magnetization and band gap tuning in BiFeO3 nanoparticles via co-substitution of Gd and Mn Mehedi Hasan, M.A. Basith, M.A. Zubair, Md. Sarowar Hossain, Rubayyat Mahbub, M.A. Hakim, Md. Fakhrul Islam, J. Alloys. Compds., 687, 701-706 (2016) 8. A soft chemical route to the synthesis of BiFeO3 nanoparticles with enhanced magnetization Mehedi Hasan, Md. Fakhrul Islam, Rubayyat Mahbub, Md. Sarowar Hossain, M.A. Hakim, Materials Research Bulletin, 73, 179–186 (2016) 9. Preparation of high crystalline nanoparticles of rare-earth based complex pervoskites and comparison of their structural and magnetic properties with bulk counterparts M. A. Basith, M. A. Islam, Bashir Ahmmad, Md. Sarowar Hossain and K Mølhave, Mater. Res. Express, 4, 075012 (2017) 10. Effect of CePO4 on structural, magnetic and optical properties of ceria nanoparticles Md Abdullah Al Mamun, Manifa Noor, A K M Atique Ullah, Md. Sarowar Hossain, Matin Abdul, Fakhrul Islam and M A Hakim, Mater. Res. Express, 6, 016102, (2019) 11. The 10% Gd and Ti co-doped BiFeO3: A promising multiferroic material M. A. Basith, Areef Billah, M. A. Jalil, Nilufar Yesmin, Mashnoon Alam Sakib, Emran Khan Ashik, S.M.Enamul Hoque Yousuf, Sayeed Shafayet Chowdhury, Md. Sarowar Hossain, Shakhawat H. Firoz, Bashir Ahmmad, J. Alloys. Compds., 694, 792-799 (2017)
1. Md Sarowar Hossain, Tanmoy Ghosh, B. Rajini Kanth and P.K. Mukhopadhyay; Effect of annealing on the structural transformations and magnetic properties of CoNiAl FSMA, ICMAGMA, 2017 2. Md. Sarowar Hossain, M.A. Hakim and P.K. Mukhopadhyay; Magnetic field induced Elastic behaviour of FINEMET Melt spun ribbon, ICMAGMA, 2017 3. Md Sarowar Hossain, B. Rajini Kanth and P. K. Mukhopadhyay; Effect of annealing on elastic moduli for a FSMA, ICFSMA, Japan, 2016. 4. Md Sarowar Hossain, B. Rajini Kanth, M.A. Hakim and P.K. Mukhopadhyay, Low temperature Elastic Properties of FINEMET melt spun ribbon; MESCOS, 2015. 5. B. Rajini Kanth, Md Sarowar Hossain and P.K. Mukhopadhyay; Stress induced Martensitic transformation in a CoNiAl Ferromagnetic Shape Memory Alloys using Vibrating Reed Apparatus, ICMAGMA, 2017 6. Kartik Panda, Md Sarowar Hossain and P K Mukhopadhyay; Structural anomaly and shape memory effect in a CoNiAl FSMA system due to heat treatment, ICMAGMA, 2017 7. B. Rajini Kanth, Md Sarowar Hossain and P. K. Mukhopadhyay; Effect of composition on elastic moduli for a CoNiAl system ,ICFSMA, Japan, 2016. 8. B. Rajini Kanth, Md Sarowar Hossain and P.K. Mukhopadhyay; Elastic property Study on CoNiAl Ferromagnetic Shape memory alloy in the vicinity of Martensitic Transformation Temperatures Using Vibrating Reed method, MESCOS, 2015.
1. Junior Scholarship with first grade. (in class VIII) 2. Secondary, Higher secondary and Honours education organization, Bangladesh scholarship.